About

Midtown Santa Cruz is a new entity, a new destination in Santa Cruz. In the last few years ten new stores have joined the already established likes of the Crepe Place, Midtown Music and Blue Moon Clothing. The new and established businesses have formed a new neighborhood, where businesses compliment the whole of Midtown Santa Cruz.

History
This and the greater Eastern side of santa cruz was once known as Villa de Braceforte, a seperate secular village from the mission Santa Cruz. It was established in 1797, one of the first three towns in California. The little triange park in front of New Leaf Market and their old location was called El Portal, The door to old Braceforte.

Villa De Braceforte was annexed by Santa Cruz in 1905 and it's exsistance was lost.

Read more at Villa De Branceforte Preservation Society.